More Info on the Pork in the Park Competition
Here's What You Need To Know
Should the following information not answer all of your questions,
please feel free to contact
for additional information.
Entry Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. $100 or $125 Must be
accompanied with the registration form which is due no later
than June 1st , 2023.
Pork in the Park BBQ Challenge is a BBQ rib only competition,
with an optional Chicken Wing entry. It will be held on
Saturday, July 8th, 2023 on Lake Street, Cadillac City Park
Best Ribs Cash Prize Awarded:
- 1st - $1,000 & Trophy
- 2nd - $500
- 3rd - $200
Optional Wing Contest:
- 1st - $500
- 2nd - $300
- 3rd - $100
EVERY CONTESTANT will earn voucher “votes” which will be entered
into a drawing for a chance to WIN Raffle!
All teams in the BBQ Rib contest and Voucher Vote must:
1. Pre-Registered and have paid non-refundable, $100 entry fee
($125 w/ Chicken)
2. Have one Pit Boss “Chief Cook”, who is responsible for their
3. Attend the cooks meeting at Charming North’s “The North Room”
105 S Mitchell St Cadillac, MI 49601 June 10th at 8AM.
a. Competition and People’s Vote timelines will be
distributed during meeting
b. Judging procedures and criteria will be gone over during
- c. Questions will be answered, if presented
4. Provide their own seasoning and cooker/grill
5. Cook on Charcoal, wood fired, wood pellet or propane of any
6. All cooking MUST be performed in your designated cooking area
7. Have a current inspected fire extinguisher on hand at all
8. Will be provided a 10x20 space to cook in. Over sized
trailers must be approved before the competition, no vehicles
will be allowed to be parked in the cooking space.
- 9. No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
10. Electric plug ins are limited and will be assigned on a
first come first serve basis.
11. At all times, teams will respect the rights of the other
teams. Profane language or infringement on another team’s site
will not be permitted
For additional information Please Email
!!!! Or visit the freedom fest website